You have decided to get married, congratulations! Notaries in Montreal, and all over the Province of Québec can act as celebrants. There are many advantages to using a notary for celebrating your marriage, namely:
- It is a civil marriage that can be celebrated anywhere in Québec, notaries are not limited to the courthouse. This means that you can get married at home, at a reception hall, in a restaurant, a park, by the water, where you first met… it’s totally up to you!
- Notaries are trained to celebrate marriages; your marriage will not end up being annulled for having failed to publish the banns or missed the period of time to do so.
- The ceremony is in your image. Your notary and you will decide together how to conduct the entire ceremony.
- At Touchette Lamarre, Notaries, we do not refuse any happy couple looking to get married. It makes no difference if a gay, transgender or other type of couple is getting hitched, we are simply thrilled to be part of their special day.
- Choosing a notary to marry you means you are making an informed choice. As a public officer, the notary is the only celebrant who can give you legal advice. The notary will therefore explain the different matrimonial regimes and the consequences thereof on the future spouses. While we understand that this may not be a priority for you as a happy couple, it is an added value to the experience that other celebrants cannot provide.